When incorporating a business or registering an existing company to transact business in any state, you are required to have a Registered Agent in the state of incorporation or qualification. A Registered Agent is a person or entity that is responsible for receiving important legal and tax documents for your organization and is a matter of public record.
It is important to note that if a business fails to appoint a Registered Agent the state will take steps to prevent it from doing business in Washington. Each state wants to make sure that its citizens and businesses have a way to contact business entities in the event they have a potential claim against a business. Penalties can be CATASTROPHIC and may include:
- License Revocation and/or Fines
- Inability to enter into legal contracts and/or gain access to the state court system
- Reinstatement proceedings that could include further monetary, civil, and possibly criminal sanctions as well.
- Without a Registered Agent you could be defaulted for simply failing to answer any such claim in a timely fashion.
Once you’ve decided to hire a Registered Agent, it’s important to go with a solid firm. You don’t want a fly-by-night organization that will take your money and then not deliver, for example, a notice of a lawsuit filed against your business. Aspen Services Group has been providing Registered Agent services for many years and can provide businesses with all necessary Registered Agent services and with a protective layer of anonymity. Traditional Registered Agent services offered by ASG include:
- Timely (usually the same day) notification of all Notice of Service of Process.
- Reciept of all official documents such as annual reports, franchise tax notices, and government licensing renewals which will be immediately forwarded to you.
- Available training seminars on various legal topics.
In addition to the traditional Registered Agent Services detailed above and in the first column below, Aspen Services Group is also offers additional expanded products and services to Registered Agent clients. These expanded offerings are highlighted in the following three categories:
Registered Agent Services Compliance & Governance Corporate Filings and More
Guide: What is a RA? Compliance for Trademarks Foreign Registrations
Traditional RA Services And Copyrights Assumed Names
Online Account Features Corporate Kits Certificate of Good Standing
Change of RA Annual Meeting Documents Annual Meeting Questionnaire
RA Newsletter EIN Registrations UCC/Lien Services
Accept Service of Process Employee Handbook Audit UCC Searches
Bi-Annual Seminar Document Management State File Search